Monday, May 28, 2012

Cochabamba, Bolivia: Photos

Hola a todos,

As promised, below are some photos from my volunteer work in Cochabamba, Bolivia.  I hope you enjoy them.

Cheers,
Ashley


Proyecto Horizonte - The School 



Children's Day at Proyecto Horizonte (600 kids attended festivities)
Ushpa Ushpa, view of the community from a school window

Community bakery, run by the women in Tantakuna
A few of my fellow volunteers at Proyecto Horizonte
Prepping for expansion
Some of the students I worked with, among them Yesenia and Alex (front)
Monthy Soccer Tournament at Proyecto Horizonte - 70 kids from 5-13!


My team, Uruguay.  We won second place!



Gracias, Ashley!  
My thank-you cake for my last day at the school. Made by the local bakery.




 Proyecto Horizonte - Tantakuna Women's Group

Tantakuna women's group
Knitting traditional crafts
Creating a ball of yarn
Traditional weaving technique
Traditional weaving technique





My Bolivian Family

My Bolivian family - Aldo, my "brother", and Chuly, my host mom,
at an international food festival at a local college
Pookie, the family pup
My host mom, Chuly, and I

At my host mom's birthday party - all of the women in the family

My washing machine
My house



Around Cochabamba
Another march - the medical workers and students were on strike the entire time I was in Bolivia
The giant statue of Christ overlooking Cochabamba
Volunteers Sanna, Diane, and Ida on our trek to the Christ statue



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home